With 9-5s and full class schedules, it can be hard to consistently eat healthy throughout the day without being repetitive, spending lots of money, and wasting too much time. However, with a few shift in habits, you can transform the average day for the better. As a lifelete, I have found these few health tips have increased my productivity, focus, energy, and overall wellbeing. So, whether you try one or all, allow this quick read to spice up your health and increase your drive as a lifelete.
1. Replace your morning coffee with matcha! If you are a die-hard coffee fan this can be tough but I recently made the transition and 100% recommend. Matcha gives you longer, more sustainable energy than coffee, does not make you jittery, is high in antioxidants, boosts brain function, promotes heart health, can reduce likeliness of cancer, and increases fat burning. It is also inexpensive and takes no time to make. I buy the powder at Trader Joe's for around $5 which normally lasts me around 2 weeks.
2. Master the veggie omelet or scramble. It takes no time, you can get creative with it, and it kicks off the day with some lean protein and vitamins. Some of my favorite toppings to put on top include tomatoes, avocado, roasted kale, mushrooms, and everything bagel seasoning!
3. Kale! This might not be what you want to hear but trust me on this! Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on it and some garlic powder and put it in the air fryer for about 2 minutes until it's a little crispy. It tastes so good and makes eating vegetables seem a little more like a snack. Whether it's in a smoothie, omelet, pasta, etc. kale can be so easy to incorporate into every meal without barely even tasting it.
4. Replace carb-loaded snacks like potato chips & goldfish with sliced up bell peppers and hummus, apples and peanut butter, blue chips and guac, or cherry tomatoes with mozzarella and balsamic. Just as yum but will make you feel so much better!
5. Make a smoothie! I have been on a smoothie kick lately and can get in all my fruits, vitamins, and vegetables of the day all in one + some skincare! My go to ingredients are half a banana, frozen blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, vanilla yogurt, almond milk, kale or spinach, collagen powder, protein powder, and sometimes some oats or honey on top. It tastes incredible and takes no time to make!
6. Never forget sweets! If you have a sweet tooth like me, you need a sweet at least once a day. So, instead of cookies and brownies, try dark chocolate covered almonds, dark chocolate strawberries, or my new favorite, the Perfect Bar, a dark chocolate chip peanut butter protein bar that tastes like cookie dough. Keep them in the fridge and thank me later!
By making simple and mindful choices on a regular basis, you can be well on your way towards reducing stress, having positive social interactions and achieving optimal health and wellness. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Love this content? Subscribe to our email list to receive weekly SWAKE updates regarding all things beauty x fitness!